WOODBURY PUBLIC LIBRARY
Rules Governing the Use of the Library
The Woodbury Public Library does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, cultural background, education, ethnicity, gender, immigration status, language, nationality, physical appearance, race, religion, self-expression, sexual orientation or identity.
To allow all patrons of the Woodbury Public Library a safe, and nonthreatening environment, the Library Board of Trustees has adopted the following rules and regulations:
- In order to protect library holdings, library staff has the right to inspect all book bags, briefcases, handbags and packages of persons who enter the library, as per New Jersey law. New Jersey statues annotated 2A:43 A-1, New Jersey statues annotated 2C:20-12
- Individuals who engage in any disruptive conduct (i.e. talking loudly, making noises, interfering with another’s use of the library or interfering with library personnel’s performance of their duties, etc.) will be asked to leave.
- The library will not be held liable for personal valuables lost, stolen or left unattended.
- Misuse/abuse of library furniture, equipment or facilities will not be tolerated.
- Animals are not allowed in the library except those needed to assist a person with a disability.
- Health Board regulations require that shoes and shirts be worn in the library.
- Ringers and auditory notifications on , tablets, and laptops must be turned off when entering the library, as these are disruptive. All phone calls must be conducted outside of the Library or in the lobby with the speaker function turned OFF and discussion taking place at a reasonable volume.
- Sleeping and/or loitering will not be allowed in the library.
- Smoking, vaping, food and non-covered beverages are not allowed int he library.
- Selling or soliciting is prohibited on Library premises. This includes handing out fliers, business cards, selling goods or wares and the soliciting of donations, contributions, or signatures.
- Sexual harassment, discriminatory language, threatening harm, or physical physical violence towards other patrons or staff will not be tolerated at any time.
- Patrons utilizing the Library’s public computers or WiFi must abide by all computer use policies.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 18) while in the Library.
- Children over the age of 8 are welcome to use the Library unattended provided they comply with the Rules Covering the Use of the Library, which includes, but is not limited to, the prohibition of food and uncovered drinks, foul language, disruptive cell phone usage, horseplay and loitering. Those children using the library unaccompanied are still the legal responsibility of their parent(s) or guardian(s).
Any library user not abiding by these or other rules and regulations of the library shall be asked to leave the library premises by the Library Director or any staff member.
Community Health Crisis
- All patrons and staff shall be required to wear a cloth mask or face covering at all times at the direction of New Jersey Executive Orders.
- Patrons who are unable to wear a mask will be referred to the Library’s Curbside Services.
- Patrons who need computer access, faxing or printing services and are medically unable to wear a mask may call the Library at 856.845.2611 to arrange a private appointment.
- During a community health crisis, the Library reserves the right to restrict or limit access to meeting rooms, quiet study rooms, and/or bathrooms.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the amount of time spent per patron per day in the Library.
- The Library reserves the right to limit access to patron “by appointment only” with the walk up appointments available.
Any library user who repeatedly violates the rules and regulations shall be permanently denied the privilege of access to the library by the Board of Trustees, on recommendation of the library director. Any library user whose privileges are permanently revoked may have the decision reviewed by the Board of Trustees upon written request to the Board.
Gloucester County residents and the general public are welcome to use the facilities to read, research and access information, subject to the Woodbury Public Library’s policies and to the above rules and regulations. These rules and regulations were developed to ensure access to materials, to preserve the rights of all to use the library, and to protect the facilities from misuse. We ask that all library users be considerate of others.
This Library abides by New Jersey Statute 9:6-8.10.
Revised by the Woodbury Public Library Board of Trustees on July 13, 2020