WOODBURY PUBLIC LIBRARY
Rules Governing the Use of the Library
To allow all patrons of the Woodbury Public Library full, peaceful, safe, uninterrupted and maximum use of its facilities during regularly scheduled hours, the Library Board of Trustees has adopted the following rules and regulations:
- In order to protect library holdings, library staff has the right to inspect all book bags, briefcases, handbags and packages of persons who enter the library, as per New Jersey law. New Jersey statues annotated 2A:43 A-1, New Jersey statues annotated 2C:20-12
- Individuals who engage in any disruptive conduct (i.e. talking loudly, making noises, interfering with another’s use of the library or interfering with library personnel’s performance of their duties, etc.) will be asked to leave.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult while in the library.
- The library will not be held liable for personal valuables lost, stolen or left unattended.
- Smoking, food and beverages are not allowed in the library.
- Health Board regulations require that shoes and shirts be worn in the library.
- Misuse/abuse of library furniture, equipment or facilities will not be tolerated.
- Animals are not allowed in the library except those needed to assist a person with a disability.
- Threatening or physically harming staff or patrons will not be tolerated at any time.
- Ringers on cell phones and beepers must be turned off when entering the library, as these are disruptive.
- Sleeping and/or loitering will not be allowed in the library.
- Any library user not abiding by these or other rules and regulations of the library shall leave the library premises upon direction of the library director or his/her designee.
- Any library user who repeatedly violates the rules and regulations shall be permanently denied the privilege of access to the library by the Board of Trustees, on recommendation of the library director. Any library user whose privileges are permanently revoked may have the decision reviewed by the Board of Trustees upon written request to the Board.
- Gloucester County residents and the general public are welcome to use the facilities to read, research and access information, subject to the Woodbury Public Library’s policies and to the above rules and regulations. These rules and regulations were developed to ensure access to materials, to preserve the rights of all to use the library, and to protect the facilities from misuse. We ask that all library users be considerate of others.